Boredom busters to keep kids busy this summer are critical.
When summer break finally arrives, everyone is excited to get the festivities underway.
It doesn’t take long however, for you to hear the dreaded words “I’m bored!”.
After all, your children are used to a structured school day full of learning and friends and now they have very little of that.
If you want to avoid the boredom complaints and keep your kids entertained this summer, you will want to ensure you have plenty of activities for them to participate in.
35+ BOREDOM BUSTERS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY THIS SUMMER
This page may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Create a summer bucket list for kids.
- Host a backyard dance party.
- Have an outdoor spa day.
- Book a Summer Staycation using these summer staycation ideas for families.
- Bake a summer dessert.
- Create a reading list.
- Assign summer chores.
- Wash the car.
- Play in the sprinkler.
- Water the plants.
- Go on a picnic. Just don’t forget these picnic essentials.
- Do a fun science project.
- Ride bikes.
- Plant an herb garden.
- Dig for worms.
- Have rainy day activities planned.
- Go on a nature walk and create art with what you gather.
- Play with chalk on the driveway.
- Host an outdoor talent show.
- Have a backyard BBQ.
- Go camping and use these camping hacks for families.
- Visit your local museum.
- Have a puppet show.
- Go on a family road trip with these family road trip essentials.
- Make freshly squeeze lemonade.
- Find pen pals and write letters.
- Start a sticker club by mailing stickers to friends.
- Roast marshmallows and make s’mores.
- Create a daily summer routine for kids.
- Visit the local library.
- Color pictures for family members.
- Have a scavenger hunt.
- Fly a kite.
- Create a summer family journal.
- Make suncatchers.
- Make stepping stones using a stepping stone kit for kids!
With so many different boredom busters to keep kids busy this summer, your children are bound to have fun.
If you are tired of hearing your little ones complain about how bored they are, having these activities on hand will help to avoid that.
Just remember, the summer is a time for fun and family.
Get creative and in no time you will be creating summer memories that will last a lifetime, providing your children with a fantastic summer off school.
You may also like this post DAILY SUMMER ROUTINE FOR KIDS:
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on: