There is nothing better than putting a warm, meal on the table for family dinner. This Shepherd’s Pie is the ultimate comfort food!
- 6 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen veggies (peas or beans)
- 1 cup stock of your choice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Boil 6 large potatoes and then mash with 3 tbsp butter, and 1/4 cup milk and salt to taste.
- In a separate pan fry 1 large onion and 3 very thin sliced carrots (I use a peeler) in olive oil.
- Once onions are browned add 2 lbs of ground beef and 2 cloves of garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once meat is browned add 1 can of tomato paste, 2 cups frozen veggies (Beans or peas) and 1 cup of stock of your choice. Stir and simmer for 15 min. (if you do not have tomato paste, you can use 1 can of condensed tomato soup)
- Take meat mixture and place in the bottom of a large casserole dish and press out evenly.
- Place mashed potatoes on top of meat mixture and press out evenly. Sprinkle with 1 tsp parsley and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool for 10 minutes.
You may also like this TRADITIONAL BEEF STEW:
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: