Shamrock Shake – everyone is familiar with this St Patrick’s Day treat from the golden arches. Since I no longer eat refined sugar or dairy, I wanted to come up with a treat that I could feel good about sharing with my little leprechauns.
This shamrock shake is a healthy version of the well loved, not-so-healthy version that is popular around St Patrick's day. This shamrock shake is Paleo, dairy-free and refined sugar free.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (or 1/4 cup frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 3-4 drops peppermint essential oil*
- 1 tablespoons pure raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- coconut chips (optional for garnish)
- Put all the ingredients together in a blender (I use a Vitamix) till smooth, pour into little mason jars, add some cute straws and you are ready for a healthy St Patrick's Day treat.
* I use doTerra peppermint essential oil.
Looking for more St Patrick’s Day dessert recipes? Check out these: