Granola and muesli is a healthy choice to add to breakfast and to dress up snack time. In fact, in the evenings when I am feeling hungry, not sure what to eat, and don’t want to munch on junk food, I grab some flavored granola and dig in!
Dorset Cereals has 7 great flavors to help you get extra fiber and add some personality to your breakfast. These great flavors include:
- Simply Delicious Muesli
- Simply Fruity Muesli
- Simply Fruit & Seeds Muesli
- Fruit, Nut & Fiber Muesli
- Super Cranberry, Cherry & Almond Muesli
- Berries & Cherries Muesli
- Honey Granola
My favorite is the Super Cranberry, Cherry & Almond Muesli. It is great on top of yogurt or simply plain as a great snack. The Super Cranberry, Cherry & Almond Muesli is an exquisite blend of cranberries, cherries and almonds with raisins and sultanas, sunflower seeds, flame raisins and toasted cereals. Ingredients include toasted and malted wheat flakes (wheat, barley malt extract), raisins (16%), toasted and malted barley flakes (barley, sugar, salt, barley malt extract), sultanas (13%), toasted and malted oat flakes (oat flakes, barley malt extract), sunflower seeds (8%), sweetened dried cranberries (6%) (sugar, cranberries, sunflower oil), flame raisins (5%), flaked almonds (3.5%), freeze dried cherries (1%).
If you are looking for a granola without the added sugar of fruit because of dietary or health concerns, check out their new Honey Granola flavor!
Dorset Cereals has some great tips to help you start your day off right and to brighten your breakfast:
- Set out the perfect bowl, the perfect spoon and the perfect cereal.
- Too rushed in the morning? Set out your bowl and your box of Dorset cereal the night before. Preset your coffee machine and have a sit-down breakfast.
- Add a glass of high antioxidant juice like pomegranate or orange juice with added calcium and Vitamin D.
- Set a pot of flowers on the kitchen table. Studies have shown that flowers or plants help brighten your mood.
- Change the routine and make a parfait for breakfast. Spoon ¼ cup non-fat yogurt into a parfait glass, sprinkle with ½ cup of Dorset Simply Fruit and Seeds Muesli, spoon on another ¼ cup of non-fat yogurt and top with a sliced banana.
- Eat mindfully in the morning. Skip the paper in the morning and focus on the food. You’ll feel more satisfied and will be less likely to snack on junk food later on.
- Do some morning stretches as soon as you wake up. Focus on a positive thought before getting out of bed.
- Experiment with different flavored coffees. Or try making a latte with stronger coffee and hot or cold skim milk.
- Listen to upbeat music—it has a powerful impact on your mood.
These are GREAT tips! I could definitely use some of these tips to make my mornings go smoother.
3 Canadian Mommy Moment readers will WIN a Dorset Cereal Prize Pack valued at $75 including 7 boxes of Dorset Cereal and an attractive gourmet getaway lunch tote!
**Open to Canadian residents ONLY**
Please be patient – Rafflecopter (the entry form) may take a moment to load
**Click to see a 50 second tutorial on how to enter blog giveaways**