It is no secret that people are moving towards a more minimalist lifestyle. Every day it seems that more and more emphasis is put on our possessions. Because of this, it can be hard to let go of the things we don’t need anymore. But did you know that minimalism could transform your life?
By letting go of all the extra things in your house/life, minimalism can improve your mind, body, and soul!
WHAT IS MINIMALISM?
Minimalism is about quality over quantity. Make room for higher quality items to join you in your home rather than a large quantity of, well, junk.
With all the benefits of minimalism, there is no doubt that it should be part of everyone’s life.
HOW CAN MINIMALISM IMPROVE MY LIFE?
Minimalism will help you focus on what’s truly important in life, instead of wasting your time and energy on things that don’t matter. You’ll start living a happier lifestyle because of it.
Your home will be cleaner and less cluttered. With less “stuff” in the way, you’ll feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.
With less “stuff”, you can move towards having less stress in your life.
Love being crafty? Have a project in mind? With your space set up exactly how you want it, you will now have more space for creativity.
You’ll appreciate the things you do have. Instead of spending your money on more “stuff”, you can actually spend it on experiences with people or bettering yourself in some way.
Minimalism doesn’t just minimize things, it minimizes distractions. How many times have you been working on something and getting distracted because of something that was left out? Or how many times have you had to rearrange paperwork to be able to work at your desk? Too many, I bet. Getting rid of the stuff ‘n junk helps free up that space so you can focus.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINIMALISM?
1. MORE TIME TO ENJOY LIFE! One major benefit of minimalism is that you will spend less time cleaning and stressing about misplaced items, so you’ll have more time to do the things you truly enjoy. Having less means you will spend more quality time with your family and friends.
2. SAVE MONEY! You’ll be able to save money on storage since you won’t need it for all the things you don’t use anymore. This can allow you to be more financially secure for the future.
3. CONTROL! I love decluttering my home because it helps me feel more organized and in control of my life. I feel calmer knowing that everything has its place.
4. GOOD ENVIRONMENTAL CHOICE! A more minimalist home is good for the environment since you’ll be producing less waste.
5. NEW WARDROBE! You can get rid of all your old clothes and start fresh with a new wardrobe that better represents who you are today. Get rid of anything that holds negative energy!
6. ESSENTIAL LIFE LESSON! You’ll learn what’s important in life because it won’t be hidden under mountains of “stuff”.
7. FIND ANYTHING & EVERYTHING! A place for everything, and everything in its place. Yes, you’ll finally know where everything is – once and for all! This means less stress, less fighting with the people who lose everything, and more.
8. TRAVEL MADE EASIER! Traveling as a minimalist means you will need to pack less and make sure your clothing is versatile for all types of weather. It’s MUCH easier to travel when you no longer have to deal with baggage weight restrictions. I’ve even traveled with just a carry-on. No, really… try it sometime.
9. LETTING GO! Letting go of the past is a perk of minimalism most people don’t expect. We all hold onto some things from the past, be it photos, letters, or collectibles of some sort. While it can be a bit painful purging these things from our lives, memories are not always held in “things”. Keep one or 2 items and allow yourself to feel no guilt by getting rid of items that collect dust.
TAKING THE FIRST STEP
Minimalism is the way to go! Are you ready for this change? Let us know what your favorite part about going minimalistic is in the comments below!
You may also like this post EASY STEPS TO BECOME A MINIMALIST:
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: