Who wants a Hawaiian treat?
We recently tried a sampling Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for the first time. These rolls are sweet just like the bread and taste absolutely great. They are still moist and packed full of flavor and make a great snack or doctor them up into whatever treat you desire.
We had the privilege of tickling our taste buds and creating an appetizer out of the buns. This was not hard to do, and here is what we came up with.
King’s Hawaiian Toasted Ham and Cheese Melts
- 1 Package of Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced honey ham
- Thin sliced cherry tomato
- Slice buns and place on cookie sheet
- Place a piece of ham on bun followed by a slice of cheese
- Place under broiler for 2 min (or until bun has browned to desired color)
- Garnish with a slice of cherry tomato
Please take the time and try the Kings Hawaiian brand of breads. You will not be disappointed with their sweet flavor and homemade feeling.
Having tried this, I can think of a number of dishes that these buns would go with. One favorite in our home is sweet BBQ ribs. Our family loves ribs and having a sweet bun to go with the BBQ goodness would be fantastic!
This is one of my favorite recipes to share with friends and family.