When the rain keeps you and your toddlers indoors, it can be difficult to keep them entertained.
After all, toddlers have a lot of energy.
While the rain has the ability to put a damper on some of the fun outdoor adventures you can participate in with your little one, there are several rainy day activities for toddlers that will keep them happy and entertained.
RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES FOR TODDLERS
This page may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
While rain will sometimes make it impossible to enjoy outdoor activities, there are many different things you can do.
Whether you stay in the comfort of your own home, visit a local indoor facility or simply brave the great outdoors, there are several ways to keep your toddler entertained and happy.
- Build a fort out of blankets and pillows.
- Make DIY Instruments with stuff you have around the house.
- Have an indoor treasure hunt.
- Host a movie screening of your little one’s favorites.
- Play with a sensory bin.
- Have a fun dance party.
- Visit an indoor playground.
- Go swimming in the bathtub and play with bath toys.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Use chocolate pudding to finger paint.
- Play with Kinetic Sand.
- Make your own Homemade Playdough.
- Create an indoor obstacle course using items you have around your home.
- Use cookie cutters to play with playdough and create neat shapes.
- Paint with Cotton Balls.
- Go swimming at an indoor pool.
- Play dress up.
- Paint your faces with face paint.
- Make sock puppets with mismatched socks.
- Participate in a toddler group at your local recreation center.
- Go to the library.
- Play follow the leader.
- Create and sing songs together.
- Just cuddle on the couch.
- Plant some indoor plants together.
- Blow bubbles.
- Bake a delicious treat to enjoy.
- Read books.
- Put on your rain boots and raincoat and splash in puddles.
- Dance in the rain.
- Make and ice cupcakes and then allow your little one to decorate their cupcake with sprinkles and gummy treats!
It doesn’t matter if you choose to stay indoors at home, visit a local indoor playground, or brave the elements to dance in the rain, keeping your toddler busy is not a problem as long as you get creative.
From arts and crafts and having a dance party to obstacle courses and DIY playdough, there is something for every toddler to enjoy, even on a rainy day.
You may also like this post with 30 WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY ON RAINY DAYS:
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on: