One of my favorite recipes is Quinoa & Mushroom Stuffed Peppers. These stuffed sweet peppers are perfect for a healthy, delicious supper.
QUINOA & MUSHROOM STUFFED PEPPERS
This stuffed peppers recipe was loved by our whole family. Even our 5 and 8-year-old girls asked for a second helping.
Quinoa & Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
These quinoa stuffed mushrooms are healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5-6 long sweet red peppers, slices in half
- salt (I use Pink Himalayan)
- In a large pan saute chopped onion and mushrooms in coconut oil.
- Add in the quinoa and chicken broth to the pan and cover.
- Simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked, add salt to taste.
- Put the quinoa filling into the sliced peppers on a pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, Blog Lovin’ and NEW Sulia!
Linked up at Orgjunkie.com, Skiptomylou,
Wednesday 25th of December 2019
Your recipe looks really good and I'm curious about the quinoa because I've never used it
Monday 10th of March 2014
YUM! These look and sound great. Definitely adding to my "Meatless Monday" recipe file!
Tuesday 25th of February 2014
I am excited to try this because I just bought a box of quinoa and had no idea what to do with it.This sounds really delicious with the broth and other ingredients.
Thursday 13th of February 2014
I have never tried Quino but with mushrooms and peppers how can it go wrong? Will be giving this one a try.
Sunday 2nd of February 2014
stuffed peppers are my favourite !! I am not much of a quinoa fan (not from a lack of trying) .. but I am going to try it in the broth and see how that works out .. going to try these peppers .. I have 4 frozen in my freezer right now !