One of my favorite recipes is Quinoa & Mushroom Stuffed Peppers. These stuffed sweet peppers are perfect for a healthy, delicious supper.
QUINOA & MUSHROOM STUFFED PEPPERS
This stuffed peppers recipe was loved by our whole family. Even our 5 and 8-year-old girls asked for a second helping.
These quinoa stuffed mushrooms are healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5-6 long sweet red peppers, slices in half
- salt (I use Pink Himalayan)
- In a large pan saute chopped onion and mushrooms in coconut oil.
- Add in the quinoa and chicken broth to the pan and cover.
- Simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked, add salt to taste.
- Put the quinoa filling into the sliced peppers on a pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.