This Maple-Pecan Porridge is a common breakfast dish in our home. My whole family loves it and I love that my girls are having a healthy, filling breakfast before they head to school.
This maple-pecan porridge is made with steel cut oats and is refined sugar free. It is a filling breakfast that tastes like a treat.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 apple (peeled and chopped)
- Pure maple syrup
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil*.
- Add the steel cut oats and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Add the chopped apple and stir again.
- Cook for 25 minutes (or 10 -12 minutes if using the tip below*) uncovered or until it is thickened.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with maple syrup and add pecans for the final touch. Enjoy. (***Tip: Put the steel cut oats & water in the saucepan the night before you plan to cook it. In the morning bring it to a boil, reduce to medium heat and then start with step 3 – the oats will be softened and will cook in half the time!***)
Do you love pecans? Here are some pecan inspired recipes: Pecan Chocolate Banana Bites, Pecan Coffee Cake Muffins, Chocolate Pecan Tarts, Easy Butter Pecan Tarts, Pecan Haystacks, Chocolate Peanut Butter Turtles, Sinfully Good Southern Pecan Pie, Chocolate Jam Pecan Bars.