Every parent dreams of getting their family to eat healthier. But who says healthy eating has to be boring or taste bad? When you think of healthy eating, do you think of the Kiwifruit? Everyone in your family, including your kids, will benefit from eating a kiwi. My children love eating kiwi!
6 REASONS TO EAT A KIWI
#1) FIBER : Kiwis help maintain a healthy digestive system, which is perfect for those people who have trouble “moving things along”. Instead of reaching for a supplement, why not try a natural solution!
#2) VITAMIN C : When you think of fruits containing Vitamin C, you may not think of a kiwi. BUT kiwis will provide Vitamin C to keep up a healthy immune system and help with fatigue (perfect for parents!)
#3) POTASSIUM : Kiwis will help maintain a normal blood pressure which will prevent a host of other health problems.
#4) LOW-GLYCEMIC : Kiwis will not spike your blood sugar levels helping you manage or prevent diabetes.
#5) FOLIC ACID : Especially important in pregnant women, Kiwis will provide an increase in your folic acid which is essential for cell growth.
#6) VITAMINS A & E : Carrots are not the only food to help prevent vision loss. Vitamins A & E found in Kiwis will also help prevent vision loss.
Here’s a great recipe that your kids are going to love and will be able to get all the benefits of the Kiwi Fruit!
Excellent source of Vitamin C - 1/2 cup of fruit mixture is equivalent to one serving of fruit. Cones can be made in advance.
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 6 ice cream cones, cake style
- 3 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, finely diced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely diced
- 1/2 cup bananas, sliced and diced
- Microwave chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl for one minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip rim of each ice cream cone into melted chocolate. Spread interior of ice cream cones with remaining melted chocolate. Set in cool area for at 10 minutes, until firm.
- Mix kiwifruit, strawberries and bananas in medium bowl. Mound fruit mixture into ice cream cones. Serve immediately.
Does your family love the delicious flavor of the Kiwi? How do you incorporate Kiwi into your family’s lifestyle?
This post was brought to you by Zespri Kiwifruit.