Everyone needs that go-to Greek salad recipe that just screams summer. Fresh garden veggies paired with barbecued pork chops, steak or chicken – it makes a delicious combination.
In summer we enjoy eating a lot of meals that basically consist of a salad and some type of grilled meat. It is quick to make and perfect for a hot summer day because you do not have to heat up the house by having the stove on.
GREEK SALAD RECIPE
GREEK SALAD RECIPE
Fresh garden veggies make this Greek Salad Recipe so refreshing on a hot summer day. This Greek salad pairs perfectly with any meat you grill on the BBQ.
- 1 green pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 large cucumber (chopped)
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced lengthwise)
- 1/4 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 oz feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl - it really can't get easier than that.
- If you find the onions too strong, one tip I have is to put the chopped onions in the bowl with the apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
I love this Greek salad recipe because it is a change from the typical lettuce salad and it never disappoints.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Creamy Cucumber Salad
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on:
Thursday 26th of December 2019
I love greek salad so fresh tasting, and goes great with steak or chicken!
Friday 21st of December 2018
I don't know why I haven't made my own before... I buy it when I'm out and leave half of it behind because I don't like green peppers and olives. I should have done this years ago! Duh!
Wednesday 5th of December 2018
This salad looks delicious and I love the ingredients
Saturday 21st of April 2018
My dad's all time favorite salad
Friday 15th of December 2017
Ive started adding lime and lime zest to my Greek salads