Flowers are a wonderful gift. But the problem with flowers, is that their beauty only lasts for a short times because they start to wither and die. Of course if you are going to make your own felt flowers, you know that they can last forever! This DIY FELT SUCCULENT CRAFT will add life to your home and is a great craft for kids to make too. You could also make this as a homemade gift for a friend.
DIY FELT SUCCULENT CRAFT
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Small terracotta flower pot
- Felt in light green, dark green and tan
- String or twine
1. Begin by cutting out propeller shapes from the green felt. For each succulent you will need at least 3 of these shapes. The propeller shape is basically a wide strip of felt with rounded ends.
2. Place the propeller shapes on top of each other but do not stack them. You want them to fan out and not be directly overlapping each other.
3. Bend the felt upwards pinching the underneath as you do. Take the string or twine and tie a knot around the bunch to keep it secure.
4. Repeat these steps with your cuttings of felt until you have the number of succulents you would like.
NOTE: you can make the propellers as large or as small as you need to fit the pot you have chosen.
5. Place some tan felt inside of the pot to look like dirt and also support the succulents. Place your green succulents on top and adjust as needed.
Your felt succulents are now ready to be displayed! They make a wonderful homemade gift for someone special.
You may also like these DIY NO SEW FELT FLOWERS:
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: