Nothing beats a creamy cucumber salad made with garden fresh cucumbers in summer.
Since I picked our very first cucumbers of the season, I knew it was time to share this classic cucumber onion salad recipe with you.
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH MAYO
Of all the salads we make and enjoy in the summer, this is the one my kids ask for most often.
I love this recipe because it is very versatile. You can add green onions instead of the chives and white onions or you can use sour cream instead of yogurt.
If you want to try something unique, try adding 1-2 oz of Feta cheese, it will not disappoint.
Nothing beats this creamy cucumber salad with onions and dill. This summer salad is perfect for potlucks or your next summer cookout! It is refreshing on a hot summer day.
- 4 medium cucumbers (sliced)
- 1/4 white onion (sliced thin)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh chives (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumber, onions, chives and dill.
- (If you are looking to change up this delicious classic, try adding 1 - 2 oz of feta cheese!)
Have you ever tried creamy cucumber salad?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Apple salad with Goat Cheese
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: