Canadians and barbecues just go together, so these Canadian Barbecue Nachos are sure to please this Canada Day or any day. This recipe is a new take on an old favorite, nachos. Making these Canadian Nachos in a cast iron pan, ensures even cooking and great taste. As for cooking on the BBQ, this makes it a summer favorite that can be enjoyed outside as a meal or a great appetizer when you are getting the grill ready for your main course.
Canadian Barbecue Nachos
These Canadian Barbecue Nachos are perfect for your Canada Day summer barbecue. Enjoy them with some salsa and guacamole and you are ready to party.
- 1/2 pound fried sausage -crumbled (I used farmer sausage for extra smoky flavour)
- 1 green onion -chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper -chopped
- 1/2 bag of nacho chips
- 2 cups cheese -shredded
- 2 tbsp of pickled peppers
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Remove sausage from the skin and fry the crumble till crispy.
- Take one large cast iron frying pan and grease with coconut oil.
- Layer all the listed ingredients in the greased frying pan.
- Place the cast iron pan on a medium to high temp BBQ and close the barbecue for approx. 5 min or till the cheese is melted. Be sure to check frequently.
- Enjoy the smoky flavor these Canadian Barbecue Nachos.
As for the taste of these Canadian nachos, they are out of this world. Using Tortilla Chips that are red and white keep this dish in true Canada Day fashion. All the flavors from the ingredients meld together in perfect harmony. The assistance of the BBQ makes this a great Canada Day BBQ success. Be sure to pair it with some yummy salsa for that final touch.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+,Blog Lovin’ and Sulia!
Wednesday 8th of January 2020
Cheese, Salsa & Olives are the best!
Saturday 15th of December 2018
I do love loads of jalapenos,black olives and green onions on nachos.
Friday 9th of December 2016
We love cheese,sour cream,salsa sauce,tomatoes,and sweet onion chopped.
Sunday 28th of December 2014
This looks great but I would have to add some Canadian bacon.
Saturday 16th of August 2014
we had this over the campfire last night it was so good