Making lunches can be a tiring job. Not only can the actual task become tiresome, but finding the right lunch bag and finding unique ideas to pack into that lunch bag gets tiring throughout the year. I have spent money on several different types of lunch bags over the last few years, and was never quite satisfied. The square lunch bags never seemed to hold enough, and were difficult to clean.
Around the middle of the last year, we received a Built NY Gourmet Getaway Lunch Tote in a gift basket that we had won. Since my daughter’s old lunch kit was ready to be tossed in the garbage, we decided to give this lunch bag a try.
And we LOVED it!
Not only did the Gourmet Getaway Lunch tote expand to fit a variety of containers needed for her lunch, it was MACHINE WASHABLE! So when spills happened (and they did) it was easy to quickly throw through the washing machine and have it come out looking as good as new again.
Since we loved my daughter’s lunch tote so much, we were thrilled to receive 2 new Built NY Lunch bags to start the new school year. My daughter received another Gourmet Getaway Lunch Tote. She is SUPER excited that the inside is a deep, vibrant pink.
The Gourmet Getaway Lunch Tote is 12.5″W x 11.8″H and boasts the following features:
- Insulates up to four hours (time varies depending on external temperatures)
- Tested for lead safety – no vinyl or PVC used
- Made from neoprene (the wetsuit material)
- Zip closure
- Machine wash cold, drip dry
- Soft-grip handles
- Stores flat
- Stain resistant
My son received the Crosstown Lunch Bag in a blue and grey camouflage color which he loves. While his lunch bag is not machine washable, the interior is easy to wipe clean. The Crosstown Lunch Bag is 9″W x 10.6H and has the following features:
- Insulates food on the go for up to four hours (time varies depending on external temperatures)
- Interior easy to wipe clean
- Stores flat
- Roll-top design Velcro closure ensures food freshness and insulation
- Long strap for easy carrying
- Adjustable tab length for larger containers and cold beverages
- Tested for lead safety and phthalates
- PVC, BPA, latex, and vinyl-free
What will you be packing your/your child’s lunch in?
** GIVEAWAY CLOSED **
1 Mommy Moment reader will WIN a Built NY Gourmet Getaway Lunch Tote!
To enter, leave a blog post comment telling us what you love to take for lunch when you are gone from home at lunchtime.