This is quite simply the most delicious treat – white chocolate coconut popcorn is so easy to make and the combination closely reminds me of a RAFFAELLO, the white Ferrero Rocher. Mmm!
First, you will need to have popcorn. You can choose to use premade or microwaved popcorn, or you can make your own.
To make your own popcorn, you can follow this recipe that my husband Trevor taught me. (He likes to make popcorn over a fire too – what a man haha). Continue scrolling down the page to get the white chocolate coconut popcorn recipe.
- To make your own popcorn you will need to put 4 tbsp coconut oil in a pot with 4 popcorn kernels over medium heat.
- Cover and wait till you hear the 4 kernels pop.
- Once they pop, carefully remove those popcorn pieces and add 2/3 cups of kernels.
- Cover again and heat.
- Stay by the stove, pick up the pot carefully every 30 seconds to a minute and gently shake the kernels around with the lid on.
- After about 1.5 – 2 minutes – when the popping slows down, carefully take off the lid, some kernels will continue to pop around outside the pot.
- If you are making the popcorn as a snack you can add butter and salt – if you are using it in a recipe, you can leave it as is.
Once you have your popcorn, you are ready to make this delicious recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT POPCORN
- Yield: approx 10 cups 1x
- approx 10 cups of popcorn (2/3 cup kernels if you are making your own)
- 225 grams white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- pink mini marshmallows (optional)
- Lay your popcorn on a large parchment paper lined cookie sheet (or 2 small cookie sheets)
- Microwave the white chocolate chips for 45 seconds, stir, microwave and additional 30 seconds, stir and if needed, 30 seconds more.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn on the pan(s).
- Sprinkle the coconut on, especially over the melted chocolate to help it stick.
- Top with mini marshmallows if desired.
- Put the pan in the freezer for a minimum 30 minutes.
- You can store this recipe in the freezer for up to a week.
- When you want to eat, break apart into chunks/pieces and enjoy.
Drizzling on the white chocolate…
Sprinkling on the coconut…
Trying to prevent myself from eating…oh yum!
This popcorn is so cute – but not too cute to indulge in, Mmm!
You may also like this white chocolate peanut butter popcorn recipe.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: