I had a lot of fun creating the recipe for this sprouted grain blueberry banana bread recipe. This is a healthy banana bread that is refined sugar free!
Did you know that February 23 is National Banana Bread Day?
SPROUTED GRAIN BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD
I have also been working very hard to take beautiful photos to share along with my recipes. I am no professional, but I hope you are enjoying them.
This healthy sprouted grain blueberry banana bread is free of refined sugars and tastes delicious!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups organic sprouted grain flour
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put first 4 ingredients and 2 of the 3 bananas into a blender (I use a vitamix).
- Blend till completely smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the blended ingredients then add in the last banana (mashed).
- Carefully stir the blueberries in.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan (I used cast iron) and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds (and maple syrup if desired) on top.
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes at 325
This recipe was loved by our whole family. My daughters had friends over and they all loved it too!
Here are some other banana bread recipes you may enjoy:
- White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Sheet Cake
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Best Ever Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread