There is nothing better than a slow cooker on a busy day. This slow cooker hearty chicken soup is one of our family favorites. It uses up leftovers from weekly roasted chicken meal. Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, it is full of flavor and hearty making it a fully satisfying meal in a bowl.
Slow Cooker Hearty Chicken Soup
This hearty slow cooker chicken soup is easy to make and can be made using leftovers from a baked chicken meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots (or leftover roasted carrots)
- 2 cups chopped chicken (cooked)
- 2 cups chopped potatoes (raw or leftover baked potatoes – skin on) – Optional for those following a Paleo diet.
- 1 drop Thyme essential oil (optional)
- Since I follow a Paleo way of eating I leave the potatoes out of the slow cooker and just add leftover chopped baked potatoes into into my kids bowls of soup after it is cooked. This way our whole family can enjoy this delicious meal.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.