There is nothing better than a slow cooker on a busy day. This slow cooker hearty chicken soup is one of our family favorites. It uses up leftovers from weekly roasted chicken meal. Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, it is full of flavor and hearty making it a fully satisfying meal in a bowl.
I make my own homemade broth which I keep in jars in the fridge making it easy to have on hand. I also love to add a drop of thyme essential oil.
Slow Cooker Hearty Chicken Soup
This hearty slow cooker chicken soup is easy to make and can be made using leftovers from a baked chicken meal.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots (or leftover roasted carrots)
- 2 cups chopped chicken (cooked)
- 2 cups chopped potatoes (raw or leftover baked potatoes - skin on) - Optional for those following a Paleo diet.
- 1 drop Thyme essential oil (optional)
- Since I follow a Paleo way of eating I leave the potatoes out of the slow cooker and just add leftover chopped baked potatoes into into my kids bowls of soup after it is cooked. This way our whole family can enjoy this delicious meal.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Roast and Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. Connect with us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter .
Wednesday 5th of December 2018
I love using the slow cooker for meals because it is a easy way to cook and get great results. This recipe looks really good.
Tuesday 29th of December 2015
I never think to cook soups in my slow cooker?! I so have to dig it out in the new year and try this one. Thanks :)
Sunday 25th of October 2015
Perfect comfort food for in those cold days
Friday 11th of September 2015
This is something I want to make soon. The cold weather is coming soon and so are colds. This would be great if you had a cold.
Thursday 30th of April 2015
I love to make my own Chicken broth to flavor any Chicken soup I make. I have had a slow cooker for years but have never tried it. I want to make meals in it as it would make meal preparation easier on some days. I think your Slow Cooker Chicken Soup would be a good place to start. I also like to put frozen peas and carrots in my soups-makes it i easier to add more vegetables. Thank you,. Jody, for this recipe.