Rocky road cookies with peanut butter are amazing – but let’s be honest, rocky road anything is amazing! My oh my!
I had a lot of events to bake for this past week, and began to think up ways to spice up my tried and true homemade peanut butter cookie recipe. My 10 year old daughter all of a sudden piped up with “Marshmallows!”.
Hmm…lightbulb moment! Let’s deck these cookies out and make them chewier and gooier than ever and make rocky road cookies with peanut butter!
This recipe is super easy!
Just follow the link to my yummy homemade peanut butter cookie recipe, then add the toppings and bake! It’s that simple.
ROCKY ROAD COOKIES WITH PEANUT BUTTER
(Get the peanut butter cookie dough recipe here)
- Homemade peanut butter cookie dough (recipe is on the blog, just search "Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- additional chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chocolate, melted
- Mix 1 cup of chocolate chips into prepared cookie dough and then chill for 30 minutes (you do not need to chill the dough before mixing in the chocolate chips).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop out some cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly so you have a flat surface, but still leaving a nice thick cookie.
- Add your toppings of mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts. (I find 4-5 of each topping on each cookie to be the perfect amount.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet. When cool, drizzle with melted chocolate, and allow time to set.
Check out the Rocky Road Cookie video!
These cookies look amazing to bring to any party or event! Let me warn you though, these will not stick around long so you may need to hide some for yourself!
If you are interested in making these delicious cookies with homemade peanut butter, check out THIS RECIPE.
You may also like this NUTELLA STUFFED COOKIE RECIPE:
This recipe was submitted to Mommy Moment by Heidi.
You may also like these favorite dessert bars and squares.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: