We live in Southeastern Manitoba where the summers get extremely hot and humid.
Because of all that hot and humid air outside, our house tends to hold onto that extra humidity making the air feel musty.
Humid air can also cause mold and mildew which is very bad for your overall health, especially if you have family members who have allergies.
So how does one reduce allergens in your home and get rid of that extra humidity and moisture in the air?
A dehumidifier is the answer!
This post is in partnership with LG Canada.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A DEHUMIDIFIER?
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels in your home making your home less friendly to mold, mildew and dust mites. A great way to reduce allergens in your home!
- Dehumidifiers get rid of that old, musty smell that often comes with high humidity in the air.
- Dehumidifiers allow the environment in your home to be better. By this we mean, laundry dries faster and foods will stay fresh longer.
WHEN DO I NEED A DEHUMIDIFIER?
You would benefit from a dehumidifier in your home if you have any of the following problems:
condensation on your windows
Often times, people are hesitant to put a dehumidifier into the main areas of their home because they don’t look nice and can be quite noisy.
The black sleek design of the LG PuriCare Dehumidifier is not only nice to look at, but it is also very quiet.
We love the LG PuriCare Dehumidifier for the following reasons:
- It’s black sleek design (did we mention that already?)
- An easy to read digital readout.
- It allows you to select the humidity you want for your home and it tells you the current humidity in the air.
- The easy to clean out water tray.
- A timer setting to turn off the dehumidifier.
- Let’s you know when the unit is defrosting.
- It is VERY quiet.
- This model will turn off after 23 hrs to save the compressor – BONUS!
- There is a full bucket indicator light letting you know when it is time to change the bucket and if you don’t have time to get to it right away? No worries. The dehumidifier will automatically shut down if the bucket is not emptied within 3 min.
- There is also an option to drain with a garden hose instead of the built-in bucket – great if you want to drain the contents right into your laundry room drain.
The LG PuriCare Dehumidifier is a great way to reduce allergens in your home – try it today!
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on: