I think everyone should take their kids camping. What is camping? This is the question some kids ask these days. With technology galore children may not go out and explore as much as children did years ago. Do you take your kids camping? Even if it is in the backyard, it is important to take your kids camping and let them experience the adventure that comes with it.
6 REASONS YOU SHOULD TAKE YOUR KIDS CAMPING
1. NO SCREEN TIME: part of camping is living primitive. This means you have an established no screen time. This is a great way to get kids and teenagers off of their screens and enjoying family time.
2. CAMPING TEACHES LIFE SKILLS: it is always important for your kids to know primitive skills that teach them how to live on their own if anything were to happen. It also shows children how little we actually need to be happy – Camping does not require a lot of things, yet it is so much fun and makes many great memories!
3. IT TEACHES KIDS TO NOT TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED: we never really understand what we have until we don’t have it. Camping teaches kids to appreciate the things they do have once they get back home.
4. CAMPING IS A GREAT FAMILY EXPERIENCE: camping gives you the opportunity to enjoy uninterrupted family time that you might not get to enjoy at other vacation destinations, and will allow you to make memories. Even the youngest children enjoy exploring while out camping.
5. OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS TO GET CREATIVE: imaginations aren’t as flowing as they used to be. Most kids can take an idea and run with it, but they don’t know how to come up with their own ideas. Camping helps spark creativity, imagination, and stretch skills your kids may not know they have.
6. CAMPING ALLOWS YOU TO ENJOY NATURE: we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the bees pollinating the flowers or the trees providing us oxygen. It is always important to enjoy and appreciate nature. Camping gives your kids an opportunity to enjoy and understand nature and what we have because of it.
Camping is a great family adventure for all and will be a great time of bonding and creating memories. If you aren’t fond of heading to a campsite, try these BACKYARD CAMPING TIPS FOR A FUN FAMILY STAYCATION:
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: