With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to share with you this Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe – an easy and elegant dessert you could treat Mom (or yourself to).
I used my Pampered Chef Brownie pan to make these, which is why they are cute little squares. You can easily make these in muffin tins, substituting your choice of Oreo, or Nilla Wafers as the crust.
Four years ago, when my son was 4, he mentioned to my husband that he wanted to “take care” of Mom, for Mother’s Day. That meant letting me sleep in and being treated to breakfast in bed. He was so proud of himself when he came in with Daddy, to bring me pancakes, bacon and fruit.
He had buttered the pancakes all by himself and had given me a generous amount of syrup. Four years later, the tradition still continues, with my daughter now in the mix. Her part of my Mother’s Day treat, is to come in bed and snuggle with me, until the boys come up, with my breakfast (which she then proceeds to eat a great majority of, lol).
It’s my favorite part of Mother’s Day. It warms my heart to see my children wanting to take care of me, for one special day.
- 1- 8ox brick of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 3/4 C mini chocolate chips, divided
- 12 square graham crackers
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place one graham square into each well of your brownie pan. (if using a muffin tin, place cookie of choice in bottom of each well, of pan). Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and free of lumps; about 4 minutes. Slowly beat in the vanilla and sugar; until well combined. Beat in egg, just until combined, and stir in cornstarch and 1/2 C mini chocolate chips. Pour cheesecake filling evenly on top of each graham cracker. Bake for 15-20 minutes; until cheesecake is firm, but still slightly wiggly in center. Cool completely.
- In a small sauce pot, over med-low heat, melt the milk chocolate with the condensed milk; until smooth. Generously spread ganache on top pf cooled cheesecakes and spread evenly and sprinkle with remaining mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate until serving.
Check out our Mmm Desserts board on Pinterest for more yummy dessert ideas!
Cindy is a Stay at Home Mom of 2, married to a Chef. Cindy quickly realized that if she didn’t want to live off of cereal, blue box Mac’n’Cheese and TV dinners, she needed to get into the kitchen; after a long day at work, the last thing her hubby wants is to cook her a 4 star dinner. When her son turned 2, she decided to start blogging and Hun… What’s for Dinner? was born. Cindy tries to share healthy and wholesome dishes, with a few desserts here and there. Though baking is her passion, she has recently become more adventurous in the kitchen and loves creating new and innovative recipes.