Since we are in the middle of summer, I thought it would be fun to do something a little different and make a melon cake.
- I made a cake out of watermelon, honeydew and a cantaloupe.
- This was so much fun to put together.
- All you need to do it cut your melons flat on the top and bottom and then cat the sides as best you can to make it look like the cake layers above.
- My daughter helped cut out shapes from the scraps of the melon to decorate the “cake”.
- You can use toothpicks to hold the decorated pieces in place.
- Each melon cake tier is then bordered with some red grapes.
Now you can definitely have your cake and eat it too!
You may also like this watermelon cake!
Be sure to take a look at some other fabulous Cakes By Erna while you are here!
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with cake decorating after taking some local cake decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates cakes for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery (P.S. Cake Designs).
Linked up at The DIY Dreamer, Someday Crafts, Sew Creative, Not Just A Mommy,
Friday 20th of May 2016
I would like to do this for a party this summer. Just wondering you did the cantaloupe and honey dew melon with the insides
Thursday 7th of April 2016
I love it. But what about the inside waste in the canelope and honey dew?
Monday 28th of March 2016
How did you serve it?
Jody @ Mommy Moment
Tuesday 29th of March 2016
Just cut pieces out of each layer.
Tuesday 3rd of March 2015
Do I need to add dowels?
Tuesday 2nd of September 2014
I love this idea. I want to try this for my daughter's birthday next week. I'm hoping it's not too difficult!