Since we are in the middle of summer, I thought it would be fun to do something a little different and make a melon cake.
- I made a cake out of watermelon, honeydew and a cantaloupe.
- This was so much fun to put together.
- All you need to do it cut your melons flat on the top and bottom and then cat the sides as best you can to make it look like the cake layers above.
- My daughter helped cut out shapes from the scraps of the melon to decorate the “cake”.
- You can use toothpicks to hold the decorated pieces in place.
- Each melon cake tier is then bordered with some red grapes.
Now you can definitely have your cake and eat it too!
You may also like this watermelon cake!
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with cake decorating after taking some local cake decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates cakes for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery (P.S. Cake Designs).