As adults we know that we should brush and floss our teeth. The thing we don’t often talk about is that some of us HATE brushing our teeth.
I have spent a lot of time at the dentist this year. As I sat back in the chair with my mouth wide open, not able to talk, I had a lot of time to think. I wondered what it was that made me hate brushing my teeth so much. I realized that I got discouraged with the cavities I was getting as an adult when it was not something I struggled with as a child. I had sensitive gums that bled easily and just started to hate brushing my teeth.
TIPS FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE BRUSHING THEIR TEETH
This page contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers.
INVEST IN A GOOD TOOTHBRUSH. Electric toothbrushes are a lot easier to use than manual ones. They work well and are surprisingly fun to use. Electric toothbrushes are great for those who hate brushing their teeth. Try out the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum and see what we love about it below!
SET DISTRACTIONS. Watch TV, browse websites or sign your kid’s homework books. Distraction helps pass the time. I personally tend to walk around the house while I brush my teeth. It passes the time very quickly.
MAKE IT A HABIT. They say that once you do something for 21 days, it will be a habit that you will continue. Force yourself to brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2-3 weeks. It’s easier to stick to something once it becomes a habit.
THINK ABOUT IT. Really. Think about how awful bad breath smells. It’s disgusting. Just thinking about it will help you brush your teeth daily.
TURN OUT THE LIGHTS. Some people actually have fears of brushing teeth. Try closing your eyes or turning out the lights.
PHILIPS SONICARE TOOTHBRUSH
- The small neck of the brush head is perfect. It is not bulky and the bonus is that my daughter with a very bad gag reflex can use it!! (Don’t worry, it has removable heads, we don’t share!)
- It brushes FAST! Apparently, it has over 31,000 strokes per minute – I haven’t counted but is brushes faster than any other electric toothbrush I’ve tried.
- It has a gum care setting. My gums always bled easily. After 6 days of using the Sonicare, I had no more bleeding gums which I found AMAZING!
- It includes an attached UV sanitizer on the charging base. I like the thought of my toothbrush being in a closed clean area in the bathroom – the thought of toilet flushing germs getting to it kinda grosses me out.
- It has a quadpacer, so you know when to switch to the next part of your mouth. It’s perfect for me since I like to walk around the house while I brush.
- Pressure sensor – genius!! No more brushing too hard.
For people who have never used an electric toothbrush before, I think the easy-start feature is perfect. This feature gently increases the power over the first 14 brushing. This setting can be activated or deactivated but I must admit that I love that the option is there.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: