Several Christmas’ ago when our little girl was only 18 months old , she received a very special gift from her great-uncle and aunt from Eastern Canada. I can still remember that moment when she ripped open the package with a special bow on it. The crisp sound of the paper ripping brought joy to this almost 2 year old, however, we were surprised at just how much she would enjoy what was inside this gift wrapped wonder – The Laugh and Learn Say Please Tea set.
Our little girl wanted this box opened now, and her daddy did just that (it was Christmas after all). She closely examined the tea pot and took in all the details. She discovered the button and did what any young child would do – press it. She pressed it over and over and over again. Listening to the commands and songs she fell in love with the tea set.
Reflecting on the purchase of this product for my daughter, this was an instant hit. She learned about sharing and playing. She pulled out her tea pot and tea cups and learned about pretend play drinking tea as mommy had her much needed cup of morning coffee. The bright and vivid colors scream for any child to play with and songs help the children learn to share and play well with others.
She did get several other presents that day, however, she spent lots of time playing tea party with her dad. Learning about shapes and sharing she encouraged her daddy to get down on the ground and play with her, and like a good daddy; he was suckered right into her trap. There was lots of tea and cake consumed that day but that was okay because daddy and daughter got to spend special time together.
Favourite Fisher Price Toys:
- Brilliant Basics Rock a Stack
- Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
- Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
- Laugh & Learn Click ‘n Learn Remote
- Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
- Little People Wheelies Stand ‘ n Play Rampway
- Little People Animal Sounds Farm
Do you wonder what makes a Fisher-Price toy a favourite?
- These toys have been tried & tested through the years, and year over year have been favourites of moms, not just in Canada, but globally.
- They have lasted through generations of kids, and continually pass, not only the “Dr Alfono test”, but also the “kid test”!
- They encourage child development and support children in achieving important milestones.
So tell me, do you (or did you) have one of these 7 favourites from Fisher-Price for your little one? What made it a favourite for you?
“Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Play Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”