You all remember this dairy free, egg free, one pan CRAZY CAKE, well now I have these easy WACKY CAKE CUPCAKES to share with you.
You all are going to LOVE these incredibly soft and delicious homemade cupcakes.
They are made from scratch, you only need one bowl and they have no eggs, no milk, no butter – so they are great for people with allergies too.
These Easy Wacky Cake Cupcakes are Made from Scratch and absolutely delicious - you do not need eggs or dairy for this favorite recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups white sugar (I sometimes use coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp allspice (optional)
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup oil (plus a drizzle for greasing the pan. I use olive oil)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks (optional - use dairy free variety if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) in order into a large bowl.
- Mix together and flatten out a little with your spoon.
- Dig 3 holes (2 smaller holes and one larger hole).
- Place vinegar in first hole, vanilla in the second hole and oil in the third larger hole.
- Pour the 2 cups warm water over the whole mixture.
- Stir again till flour mixture disappears.
- Stir in chocolate chips/chunks if desired.
- Put mixture into muffin cups (if you are not using muffin cup liners - grease the pans first)
- Bake for 30 minutes (40 minutes for extra large muffins) at 350 degrees F until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
(If you want to see step-by-step photos you can look at our crazy cake post)
My 10-year-old daughter has made these cupcakes twice all by herself – she loves baking and this recipe is easy enough for her.
I love that she is gaining independence. Kid-friendly recipes like this are the best – and this one tastes so good it is sure to impress!
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
Recipe adapted from this easy one-pan crazy cake.