The flavors of this rustic chicken and bacon sandwich built between 2 slices of Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean Bread smothered with roasted red pepper hummus, sautéed onions and monterey jack cheese make this the ultimate sandwich.
Just look at all those layers in this hearty, warm, mouth-watering sandwich, the perfect sandwich for a cold Fall day.
I had the opportunity to try the new Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean Bread for this recipe and I was delightfully happy with the taste of it. I honestly wondered what the texture of the bread would be like since it is packed full of pulses including chickpeas, beans, lentils and peas, and the texture did not disappoint. Each slice of this bread provides 6g of protein, 3g of fibre and 22g of whole grains.
Country Harvest is an innovative leader in quality grain products – they have been for over 40 years, so it is not surprising that it is the first national brand to market a PULSE grain bread product. This was the perfect bread to use for this rustic chicken and bacon sandwich. Hearty, rustic, delicious!
CHICKEN AND BACON SANDWICH
For this sandwich you will need, 2 slices of Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean bread, 1/2 of a grilled chicken breast, 2 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus, 1/4 cup sautéed onions, 1/4 cup sautéed chopped red pepper, 3 slices of bacon (cooked), and 3-4 slices monterey jack cheese.
Just take a look at this flavorful, delicious sandwich. The Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean bread is the star of the show because it is proudly made with pulses that are 100% Canadian and are sourced from Western Canada!
RUSTIC CHICKEN AND BACON SANDWICH WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS AND ONIONS
- Category: Sandwich
- 2 slices of Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean bread
- 1/2 of a grilled chicken breast
- 2 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup sautéed onions
- 1/4 cup sautéed red pepper
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked
- 3-4 slices monterey jack cheese
- Spread the roasted red pepper hummus on 2 slices of .Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean bread.
- Put the sautéed onions and peppers on top of the hummus on 1 slice of bread.
- Next place on the grilled chicken breast
- Add cheese and bacon and finally, the top slice of bread.
- The cheese will slightly melt between the layer of chicken bacon making it extra gooey and delicious.
One lucky Canadian Mommy Moment reader will win a $75 Loblaws gift card.
With the launch of the new Canadian Rustic Bean Bread from Country Harvest, Canadians can confidently indulge in bread knowing that it contributes to good health, nutrition and environmental sustainability—all while enjoying a flavorful meal! Thank-you Country Harvest for partnering together with us to bring this recipe and giveaway to our readers.