Blueberry Crisp made in a cast iron skillet – what could be more tasty? This delicious dessert is healthy. It has no refined sugar and it is paleo and gluten free.
This has quickly become one of our favorite healthy desserts. It is quick and easy to make and tastes oh, so good!
Cast Iron Blueberry Crisp
This blueberry crisp, made in a cast iron skillet has the perfect sweetness and crunch. It is easy to make and it’s free of gluten and refined sugars.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp arrowroot flour (optional)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- coconut oil
- (optional – coconut milk for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a small cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a bowl mix together 1 tbsp honey (melted) with the arrowroot flour. Stir in the blueberries.
- Put blueberry mixture in cast iron skillet.
- In another both mix together the almond flour, egg, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and the other 1 tbsp of honey. The mixture will seem a bit wet. Drop the mixture in crumble type pieces on top of the blueberries in the skillet.
- Put skillet in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes and then turn the oven down to 350 and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Place the hot mixture in serving dishes. I like to keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge and then scoop some of the cold thick coconut milk on top of the blueberry crisp – it melts and gives it a creamy taste. Mmm.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: