Once your baby arrives, the most important question is whether you are going to bottle feed or breastfeed. The goal in your decision making is to make the best decision for you and your baby. If that means breastfeeding – great. If that means bottle feeding – wonderful.
If you choose the bottle feeding route, you will want to make sure that you are cleaning and sterilizing the bottles. The Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer kills 99.9% of harmful germs. To go with the Avent Sterilizer, try the Avent bottles – The most natural way to bottle feed.
The new Philips AVENT Natural Bottle allows infants to feed as close to the breast as possible – making it easier to combine bottle and breastfeeding. The bottle features:
- a wide ‘breast-like’ shape that makes it easy to latch-on
- extra soft, flexible nipple which mimics mom’s real breast
- innovative twin valve design that allows air into the bottle – not baby’s tummy
- and is BPA free
- 12 Day Pads to keep mom dry and comfortable all day long. These pads feature a thin absorbent lining which is perfect for daytime comfort.
- 6 Night Pads that feature an ultra-thick lining providing extra absorption at night
- 2 gel pads that provide relief for tender, engorged breasts. These pads can be cooled in the refrigerator or freezer to soothe, and warmed in the microwave or hot water to help stimulate a mother’s milk flow.
- 1 Carrying Pouch, which is a stylish, easy-to-carry pouch that provides a hygienic storage for pads.
- 1 Breastfeeding Reminder Ribbon, which helps remind mom which side to feed on next
- And a Breastfeeding Diary, which allows mom to track feeding activity, schedules, and notes
I wish this breastfeeding starter kit had been around when my children were born. Feeding baby can be a scary and uncertain venture, and knowing that you have all the tools makes feeding time easier.
The Philips AVENT Breastfeeding Starter Kit sells at Walmart, Babies R Us and Loblaw.