As many of you know, it’s the New Year when many of us make decision to live a healthier lifestyle. And while some of us have decided to cut back on the sweets or commit to walking that extra little bit, there are other health resolutions that we can all make. One of the things that help us all tackle this world in a healthy way is our own mental health. There are tons of reasons why we need to look after our mental health. However I would like to focus on 6 Tips to protect your mental health:
- Get a good nights rest. Our bodies need good quality sleep. If our bodies are not rested, how do we expect them to preform. In the same way athletes rest their bodies before a competition, we need to rest our minds with sleep to perform at its best. And sometimes a good nights sleep is what we need.
- Drink drink drink….water that is. Water is what cleans our bodies and it also keeps us hydrated. If our bodies are clean, then our mind can be clean. Also if your body is functioning better, then your mind will follow suit. I like to add a drop of lemon essential oil to my water. It is cleansing and tastes delicious to.
- Watch what you are eating. Take it from experience, that if you are eating well, your mind and body will follow suit. My mind has not worked this well in years, and I can attribute a healthy diet for that.
- Take time out for yourself. Take up a hobby or do something you like. You have to take some “me” time because if you have no rest, you can be sure this will come back at you. Has anyone seen the saying “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”?
- Think positively. Having a good attitude about yourself is a great way to keep in a right frame of mind. If you continually say that “you are great” you will start to believe in that, and the mind will follow.
- Be careful about who you associate with. There are lots of “debbie downers” out there. If you continue to surround yourself with these people, there is a chance you could be like them also, as you may start to see the world in their point of view. Surround yourself with positive people you will see the difference.
These are just a few tips to help get you started. What are some of your tips?