Caring for a child’s hair is an important part of hygenie. One, that they will eventually need to learn on their own. Here are 5 basic tips for Hair Care:
- How frequently your child washes their hair is up to you. If their hair is oily, if they’ve been swimming, playing sports, or even rolling down a grassy hill, a good hair scrubbing may be in order. If their hair is dry, washing may occur less frequently.
- Teach your child to use their fingertips vs. fingernails when washing their hair for a gentle yet effective clean.
- If your child doesn’t like getting their face wet, help them wash and rinse their hair so as to avoid getting their face too wet. Using a tear-free conditioning shampoo like Kandoo Hair so you only have to wet and rinse hair one time (vs. two with traditional shampoos and conditioners) is a comforting and time-saving option.
- For longer hair that has a tendency to tangle, use a gentle detangler after washing such as Kandoo Detangler. Comb through hair beginning at the ends (in a downward motion) and gradually work up the hair shaft. This works great for those children with curly hair!
- Teach your child that the most important thing they can do for their hair is to keep it clean and treat it gently regardless of their hair type (dry, curly, straight, or oily).
My daughter has crazy hair. The top layer is completely flat whereas the layers underneath are curly, curly, curly! Because of that, we need a detangler to get through her hair without any pain.
As always, Kandoo products are gentle, tear-free and kid-friendly!
This post was brought to you by Kandoo.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: