Homemade pizza is a family favorite. We love making pizza together and trying all kinds. This zucchini crust pizza with homemade bacon has become our personal favorite.
It is easy to make and it really holds up well.
ZUCCHINI PIZZA CRUST RECIPE
PRINTABLE RECIPE AT BOTTOM OF POST
Whether you like crumbled bacon and scallops, or meat and pineapple, the choices are endless!
Now, I use almond flour since I can not use regular flour for this zucchini pizza crust – if you decide to try it with regular flour I would love for you to leave a comment letting us know how it turned out.
I will share 2 of our zucchini crust pizza favorite combos:
The homemade bacon and meat we used on this pizza were all made by my hubby. The meat was a smoked farmer sausage loaf made with elk and pork.
Cover the pizza crust with pizza sauce, crumbled bacon and cooked scallops. Add cheese and then thinly sliced tomatoes. This is a tasty pizza with a twist – it proves to be a crowd pleaser. Broil till done.
MEAT AND PINEAPPLE
Cover pizza crust with THE pizza sauce, meat, and cover with cheese. Next add pineapple, spinach and sliced tomatoes. Broil till done.
This zucchini crust pizza is oh so tasty. It is easy to make and the crust holds up so it can be picked up and eaten with your hands, the way pizza is meant to be eaten!
- 1 large zucchini (or about 3 cups) - shredded & strained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 dried thyme
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- pizza sauce
- additional toppings as desired
- Shread 1 large zucchini without seeds. Put it in a cheesecloth and strain it as best you can. Measure approx 3 cups of the strained, shredded zucchini. Mix in 2 eggs salt, pepper rosemary, dried basil, thyme, garlic and 2/3 cup almond flour. Spread on a greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 450 for approx 12-15 min or until sides are brown.
- Spread pizza sauce of your choice on top of the crust and then top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Broil till desired doneness and enjoy.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: