Popcorn is such a quick fun snack to make when you are curling up to watch a movie or have friend over for the night. During the holidays, we love to turn regular popcorn into an extra special treat.
This White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn is so incredible. I love making it, and I also love giving it as a gift. (My Fed-Ex delivery man happened to show up while I was just finishing up a batch, so he got to take a bag with him).
To make this delicious BIG BATCH of white chocolate peanut butter popcorn, you will need…
- 15 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (225 g)
- 1 bag peanut butter chips (300 g)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups m&ms
- Salt the popcorn to your liking and place half the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Put the peanut butter chips and butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt for 45 seconds, remove from microwave, and stir. Continue this at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the mixture is melted and smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour mixture over the popcorn in the bowl, it may clump, but keep stirring until fairly well mixed. Add the other half of the popcorn and stir till it is all mixed up.
- Lay the popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the half the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt for 30 seconds, remove from microwave, and stir. Continue this at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the mixture is melted and smooth (about a minute and a half or so).
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn on the pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining white chocolate chips and m&ms all over the popcorn where you drizzled the white chocolate.
- Place pan in the freezer for minimum 20 – 3o minutes.
- Remove from freezer, break apart and place into mason jars, little bags or in a big bowl if you are eating it yourself. Enjoy!
(Note: This recipe is best kept frozen till the day you need it. Once it is packaged you should eat within a few days. I have not tested it longer than 2 days so I am not sure how it would be after that).
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
This post & recipe written by Jody from Mommy Moment