“Spring is just around the corner Mom!”
Those are the words spoken by my 8 year old daughter the other day.
Oh, I truly hope so my dear, truly hope so!
Of course, once the snow starts to melt, I start to think about spring cleaning and all that comes with it. One of the things that takes the biggest hit during the winter is my floors. Gravel and snow gets tracked into the entrance, and even though that’s where our shoes and boots stay, it never fails to get tracked into the kitchen, the hallway and even the bathroom! Seems like I can never stay on top of my floors being clean.
Did you know that a clean home is a healthy home?
Here are 5 Things Your Mother Never Taught You about Cleaning by Donna Smallin Kuper – The One-Minute Cleaner:
1. Water cleans as well, if not better, than other “chemical” cleaners. In a University of California – Davis study, it was proven that cleaning with a microfiber cloth and water alone was 99% effective at removing not only soil and grime, but also germs. What most people forget is that water is a chemical. It’s made up of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen (H2O). De-ionized water or distilled water has a pH of 7, which is neutral, making it the safest choice for cleaning tough dirt from the most delicate of surfaces such as marble.
2. Mop buckets spread dirt and germs. The second you put a dirty mop back into the bucket, you contaminate the water – and you can’t clean with dirty water! Invest in a steam floor cleaner such as the Reliable Steamboy Pro 3-in-1 steam and scrub floor mop. Not only does the Steamboy Pro clean sealed floor surfaces and sanitize carpets (perfect tool for freshening your pet’s favorite spot as well as removing fleas), it also simultaneously steams and scrubs tile and grout– all without the use of harsh chemicals!
3. Vacuuming more often results in cleaner air. Carpet manufacturers recommend vacuuming once a week for each person living in your home. That means vacuuming four times a week if you’ve got a family of four! At the very least, vacuum high-traffic areas daily and have your carpets deep cleaned every 12 to 18 months to diminish trapped soils. This eliminates not only dust but also allergens from the environment.
4. Steam is your best friend for cleaning. After removing visible soil by brushing, sweeping, dusting, or vacuuming, you still need to get rid of contaminants that are bound to the surface. Steam cleaning combines chemical action from H2O with high-heat reducing the amount of agitation (effort) and time needed to clean any area. The Reliable Pronto 100CH steam cleaner and fabric steamer disinfects surfaces and refreshes fabrics, reducing germs to a safe level and creates a healthier, more hygienic household.
5. Be like a machine with your routine. Professional home cleaners have a system of cleaning that helps them remember what they need to get done by doing it in the same order each time. When entering a room, most cleaners will start top to bottom, left to right, back to front, and center last (or first). Always begin and end your home cleaning with the same rooms. For example, you might clean “dry” rooms such as the living rooms and bedrooms first before moving into “wet” rooms (like the bathroom and kitchen) to help prevent the spread of germs from the latter to the former.
With the Reliable Steamboy Pro you can clean using only water! This one-of-a-kind mop simultaneously steams and scrubs tile floors/grout as well as sanitizes sealed floor surfaces and freshens carpets. Heating up to 248 degrees, this 3-in-1 powerful steam mop kills common bacteria and germs, while keeping the home chemical-free. The Steamboy PRO is especially beneficial for new moms and their crawling babies as the vapor steam quickly yet efficiently kills 99.99% of common bacteria/germs, destroys dust mites and helps control allergies.
I love this Steamboy Pro mop for cleaning and scrubbing our bathroom floor. With 4 people using the bathroom multiple times a day, the floor can get really gross. Especially with a boy who loves to splash in the sink and the tub. The Steamboy Pro loosens and removes tough dirt easily with it’s powerful scrubber!
Features I love about the Steamboy Pro mop:
- The ERGONOMIC HANDLE provides a comfortable grip allowing you to easily manouever the mop.
- The 180º SWIVEL HEAD allows you to get into difficult spaces like corners, behind toilets or under tables.
- And my favorite is the CHEMICAL FREE CLEANING! No need to buy harsh and harmful chemicals when the Steamboy Pro mop allows you to get a sanitized floor with something we all have — WATER!
1 Mommy Moment reader will WIN a Reliable Steamboy Pro valued at $119.00!!
**due to the value of this giveaway, this giveaway was not open to residents of Quebec due to the regulations of that province**
To enter, leave a blog post comment telling us which floor in your house needs to be cleaned the most often.