Your children may have been begging you to get a family dog for a while now, and you may be considering it.
You might be wondering why it is important to have a pet?
WHY IS IT GOOD FOR KIDS TO HAVE A PET?
While some people see dogs as dirty, messy and an extra burden on the family, that is not always true.
Dogs are extremely affectionate friends to have around and they also can have an amazing effect on your child’s development and more.
20 POSITIVE REASONS TO GET A FAMILY DOG
This page may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are several positive reasons to get a family dog, and all of them will bring a smile to your little one’s faces.
- You will always be greeted by a happy friend when you get home.
- Dogs are extremely loving and often show it.
- Owning a dog has been shown to decrease blood pressure.
- Having a dog is good for the entire family’s immune system.
- Dogs offer protection and comfort.
- Having a dog can teach your children responsibility.
- You will be more active when you have a dog, and so will your kids.
- Dogs can help to improve your child’s self-esteem.
- There is nothing in the world quite like the appreciation you will feel from your dog.
- A dog will help to keep the floor food free.
- Having a dog can help to make your family more social.
- Dogs can be trained well to fit perfectly into your family dynamic.
- You will most certainly never be lonely.
- Owning a dog can help your entire family become more self-disciplined.
- Dogs are incredibly loyal.
- Your furry friend can greatly reduce your stress levels.
- When you have a family dog as a child, you are less likely to experience allergies later in life.
- You will learn how to think on your feet, and so will your kids.
- Having a dog will greatly improve your mood.
- THEY ARE JUST ADORABLE!
There are many reasons having a family dog can benefit your family in a positive way, and it’s always worth it.
Of course, when it comes to owning a pet, there are a few items you will need:
Food (canned or dry depending on your puppy)
leash for walks
You may also like this post with tips on HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILD COPE WITH THE LOSS OF A PET:
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on: