I think every kitchen needs a high quality blender. I have a professional blender and I really do believe that it is an important kitchen appliance. The other day my mom and I were talking about blenders. She sometimes has to puree meals at her job and the blender she has to use is just not cut out for the job. She was telling me stories about the blender and I just couldn’t help but laugh imagining these things in my head. She said that the professional blenders cost a lot of money, which in reality is probably why they don’t have one to use.
The same day we were talking about the blender stories, I was asked to review the heavy duty professional KenmorePro Blender by Sears Canada priced at only $149.97. I jumped at the chance. I could not wait to try it out and tell my mom. I could not believe the timing!
The KenmorePro Blender is a heavy duty, professional blender with 6 Japanese blades. It can chop cabbage for coleslaw, blend ice, frozen berries and spinach into the perfect smoothie and it can even puree soup and have it steaming hot and ready to eat right out of the blender.
I love how easy this professional blender is to use. It has a large dial in the centre of the unit which controls the speed the blades go. The dial can be controlled while the blades are spinning. There is a pulse option which is handy and there is a tamper to ensure you get all your food items blended to perfection. I also appreciate that there is a stopper on the top of the unit to ensure the tamper does get in the blades. If you are wondering how this blender can make the soup hot – it’s from the blades spinning so fast that the friction actually causes the cooking action.
Speaking of soup, I made the most delicious creamy tomato soup in the blender. I was happy with the container size on the KenmorePro blender because it was large enough to make enough soup for our family. My 11 year old daughter insisted I make it again soon, or show her how to make it because she loved it so much!
CREAMY BLENDER TOMATO SOUP
Creamy tomato soup recipe that is easy to make and comes out of your blender steaming in 7 minutes.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 orange or red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1/3 cup coconut milk + more for drizzle
- In a cast iron pan heat the coconut oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the onion, pepper and salt and sauté until the onion is golden brown.
- In the blender put the raw, peeled carrot cut in half.
- Add the sautéed mixture to the blender.
- Pour the diced tomatoes with herbs and spices and the juice into the blender.
- Add the coconut milk and then put the lid on the blender.
- Turn the blender on starting at low speed and gradually bringing it up to the highest speed.
- Blend for 7 minutes.
- Take the lid off the blender carefully as the soup will be steaming.
- Pour soup into bowls and drizzle with coconut oil if desired.
You will not be disappointed with the versatility Kenmore Pro Heavy Duty Professional Blender can bring to your kitchen for an affordable price.
One Canadian Mommy Moment reader will win a KenmorePro Blender valued at $149.97.
Thanks Sears Canada for Sponsoring this post and contest for our readers!