It is BACK TO SCHOOL time! And with the excitement of new backpacks, school supplies and clothes also comes the daily lunch-making process! Milk Unleashed has a fantastic Lunchbox Makeover contest. How do you change up your kids lunch day after day?
From August 14 to September 27, you can enter Milk Unleashed’s Lunchbox Makeover contest by submitting a photo or description of your most creative recipes and lunchbox ideas for a chance to win. Hint: Want a head start? Simply follow the following Five Cs from Milk Unleashed to create the winning entry:
Follow these Five Cs for tasty and healthy school meals:
- Convenient – A package of string cheese is just as easy to toss in the lunchbox as a bag of salty, fatty potato chips. So is a box of raisins. And shelf safe milk. Keep some single-serve cartons in the freezer – then nestle one in the lunchbox, and they’ll keep the other items chilled until noon. Since healthy can be so easy, vow to pass on the junk!
- Colourful – Research shows that kids eat with their eyes, and many colourful foods are healthy options. Like baby carrots, red grapes and bright green edamame. Buy the red or green tortillas for wraps. Or make some pasta salad with colourful corkscrew noodles.
- Cut Up – Youngsters are much more likely to eat an apple (and other produce) if you cut it up for them. Especially if there is something to dip the wedges in…like peanut butter or yogourt and honey. Try cutting a sandwich in four strips or little triangles. Or make a mini kabob with rolled up lunchmeat, grape tomatoes and chunks of cheese on a toothpick.
- Cute – Use a cookie cutter to shape a sandwich or vegetable slices. Get some fun printed napkins at the dollar store. Draw a smiley face on a banana.
- Cow – Embrace the cow! Dairy foods are packed with nutrients. Just one carton of shelf safe milk has 9 grams of protein and plenty of calcium and vitamin D. It’s just the right beverage to help kids learn and play all afternoon.
For an entire month’s worth of ideas for your lunchbox makeover, download the latest Cow Calendar.
Need some more inspiration? Check out Jody’s fantastic Loveable Lunches Pinterest board!
Join us for the #MilkUnleashed Twitter Party on Tuesday September 3 @ 8pm CST/9pm EST.
Here are the details one more time:
Date: Tuesday September 3, 2013
Time: 8pm CST/9pm EST
Twitter Party Hashtag: #MilkUnleashed
There will be 5 Milk Unleashed Prize Packs valued at $50 as well as a GRAND PRIZE valued at $225 (arv)! The GRAND PRIZE will include:
- a backpack
- $150 gift card
- and Milk Unleashed products
For your chance to win, RSVP below. Looking forward to seeing you at the party!
Check out the official rules & regulations.