As kids get older, parents get excited about not having to play the same games over and over again. (I don’t know about you, but I was pretty excited when we got past the Candy Land stage in our house!)
Dice games for kids have many benefits!
- They can usually be played by any number of players, and they can usually be played anywhere! – on the floor, table, car or hotel room.
- Dice games are educational. They teach numbers and counting and even teach mental math by needing to add up the numbers on the dice.
- Like other games, dice games teach skills like waiting your turn and how to win and lose with a good attitude.
- Dice games are small enough to be portable. Tuck them away in the glove box, purse or kids busy bags.
- Dice games are fun!
DICE GAMES FOR KIDS
This page may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out these fun DICE GAMES FOR KIDS that are sure to be a hit in your house!
Experience the world of Catan through this simplified dice game! For 1-4 players and for those aged 7+, you can discover, explore and settle Catan, anywhere and anytime.
This is a great game for all ages. Roll the funky sided dice and then stack them on top of each other…. IN ORDER! You win the total of the numbers you have stacked.
This great family or group game is all about the risk! Be safe and take the points you have collected or take a risk and see if you can get a higher score.
This is a game we have owned for a number of years and LOVE! Not only do our kids love it, but we have played it with a group of adults and it is sure to be a game-pleaser at any age. This lightning fast dice game is for 2 to 6 players and ages 7 and up.
This fun and addictive requires strategy, skill, and luck! While this game doesn’t have traditional dice, it comes with it’s own “pig” version. This is a favorite in our household as our kids LOVE playing it.
This quick-playing dice game reinforces probability, math and strategic thinking.
A new take on a classic card game! Quickly roll and re-roll the Skip-Bo Dice to match the Skip-Bo Mission Cards – get 5 mission cards to win.
Tenzi is a fast, fun, engaging game that is perfect for table top beginners. This set comes with Tenzi Dice Game & 77 Ways To Play Tenzi!
Here’s an exciting new twist to a favorite classic card game, UNO!
This classic dice game will never disappoint! Shake and roll and mark your scorecard.
For ages 8 to adult, Yamslam is a travel-friendly game that only takes 10-20 minutes to play.
Here are some great tips to help you organize your dice games:
- Purchase small, clear plastic containers to store your dice and instructions in.
- Use plastic cups and coffee mugs to shake and throw dice.
- Use a placemat or piece of felt on the playing surface to muffle the noise.
- Create individual dice games for traveling or a classroom by placing dice and directions in re-sealable plastic bags or small, clear containers.
You may also like this post with THE BEST FAMILY GAME NIGHT GAMES:
Sign-up to get an email update each day. Also connect with us on:
Tuesday 20th of August 2019
Lots of fun dice games, there is a few there that I would enjoy playing!