Did I say a Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich? I sure did. Sprouted grain bread smothered with Glengarry big brother cheese, sautéed mushrooms and onions makes quite the sandwich! My husband loves creating unique grilled cheese sandwiches! Did you see his Granny Smith Grilled Cheese? Yum!
This Cheesy mushroom melt sandwich was a hit with hubby and the girls.
A Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich. Sprouted grain bread smothered with Glengarry big brother cheese, sautéed mushrooms and onions makes makes a tasty sandwich!
- Sprouted Grain Bread (or bread of choice)
- 4 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (or butter)
- Glengarry Big Brother Cheese (sliced)
- Fry the sliced mushrooms and chopped onions together in 1 tbsp coconut oil till done.
- Use the rest of the coconut oil to spread on 4 slices of sprouted grain bread.
- Place oiled side of 2 pieces of bread down in pan, put 1 slice of cheese on top of each slice of bread, then add on the fried mushrooms and onions to both pieces and then top each on with the other 2 slices of bread, oiled side up.
- Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till desired darkness, then flip the sandwiches over and continue to fry for another 2 minutes or until done.
Do you enjoy eating grilled cheese sandwiches? This Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich is sure to please your tastebuds.
You may also enjoy these other sandwiches:
- Raspberry and Nutella Stuffed French Toast Sandwiches
- Margherita Panini
- Honey-Lavender Blackberry and Feta Grilled Cheese Sandwiches