Did I say a Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich? I sure did. Sprouted grain bread smothered with Glengarry big brother cheese, sautéed mushrooms and onions makes quite the sandwich! My husband loves creating unique grilled cheese sandwiches! Did you see his Granny Smith Grilled Cheese? Yum!
This Cheesy mushroom melt sandwich was a hit with hubby and the girls.
Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich
A Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich. Sprouted grain bread smothered with Glengarry big brother cheese, sautéed mushrooms and onions makes makes a tasty sandwich!
- Sprouted Grain Bread (or bread of choice)
- 4 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (or butter)
- Glengarry Big Brother Cheese (sliced)
- Fry the sliced mushrooms and chopped onions together in 1 tbsp coconut oil till done.
- Use the rest of the coconut oil to spread on 4 slices of sprouted grain bread.
- Place oiled side of 2 pieces of bread down in pan, put 1 slice of cheese on top of each slice of bread, then add on the fried mushrooms and onions to both pieces and then top each on with the other 2 slices of bread, oiled side up.
- Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till desired darkness, then flip the sandwiches over and continue to fry for another 2 minutes or until done.
Do you enjoy eating grilled cheese sandwiches? This Cheesy Mushroom Melt Sandwich is sure to please your tastebuds.
You may also enjoy these other sandwiches:
- Raspberry and Nutella Stuffed French Toast Sandwiches
- Margherita Panini
- Honey-Lavender Blackberry and Feta Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. Connect with us on Pinterest and Instagram and Facebook.
Linked up at Someday Crafts, Craftberry Bush, The DIY Dreamer, Echoes of Laughter
Debbie White Beattie
Sunday 30th of August 2015
OMG what's not to love, the ingredients have my mouth watering. I love a good grilled cheese sandwich and with mushrooms, yummy.
Sunday 28th of December 2014
This looks amazing. Thanks.
Sunday 7th of December 2014
I've copied this sandwich recipe into my file because it sounds so good! I can't wait to try it!
Thursday 11th of September 2014
Well I found something that I am definitely going to make very soon! Thanks for the recipe.
Wednesday 10th of September 2014
omg, mushrooom melts, so good.