These black bottom cream cheese cupcakes are made from scratch and they are absolutely irresistible! Rich chocolate with creamy cheesecake…mmm mmm good!
These black bottom cupcakes are fabulous for every occasion. These are definitely a staple in our home!
The flavor is enhanced the next day, making this the perfect recipe to make ahead of time and freeze. Enjoy!
These black bottom cream cheese cupcakes are absolutely irresistible! Rich chocolate with creamy cheesecake..yum!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid (can substitute with vegetable oil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 340 gr container cream cheese
- 2 small eggs (or 1 large), room temperature
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Line two muffin pans with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together1 cup sugar, coconut oil and water until blended.
- Stir in vinegar and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups only 1/3 full with chocolate batter, then top with a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool on a wire rack and then place in airtight container and in the fridge.
- They taste better the next day and served cold
- Variation: Substitute the water with fresh brewed coffee for some added flavor!
This recipe was submitted to Mommy Moment by Heidi B.
You may also like these PINK LEMONADE CONFETTI CUPCAKES.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: