Mornings can be quite hectic. Getting breakfast made, packing lunches and making sure homework is not forgotten are just a few of the many things that keep us on our toes in those early hours of the day. I am sure there are other families who can relate. It can be difficult to make a healthy breakfast when in such a hurry. This recipe for bacon and egg muffin cups is super easy, is a hit with the kids, and doesn’t require much attention to make, allowing you to concentrate on getting the kids ready for the day…all the while ensuring they will have a complete, healthy breakfast.
- 6 thin slices of bacon (cut in half, making 12 strips)
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your bacon in half so they are in strips approx 4 inches long.
- Take out your medium-sized muffin tins (we use cast iron muffin tins) and place the bacon in the cups. I find it works best to have the bacon strips placed in the cups in a “x” style with 2 strips per cup.
- Crack the egg and place the egg in the bacon-lined muffin cups.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in the oven at 350 and bake ‘til desired doneness.
- For cooked-hard eggs, we will have them in for approx 25 min. (We find that cooking them hard makes it easier to eat them on the go for those busy mornings.)
This is a great healthy take on traditional bacon and eggs and the results are super easy to take anywhere. The bacon cooks to the form of the muffin tin and holds the egg nicely in place. Hubby has been known to take these on the road with him when he is on the go, and even the girls have been know the grab these and chow them down as they are trying to find last night’s homework or looking for their mittens before catching the bus.
A true hit in our home and fun for kids. Make this a hit in your home too!
Eggs have always had 14 important vitamins and nutrients including protein, iron and vitamin A. Natural goodness, brought to you by your local egg farmers.
For more information about the natural goodness of eggs, visit eggs.ca.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Egg Farmers of Canada via Mode Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Egg Farmers of Canada.