I like to know that my girls have a good breakfast before they head out the door and get on the bus in the morning. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is one of our family favorites when it comes to breakfast, especially during these cold winter months.
APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL RECIPE
Making a big pot of oatmeal is not only easy, it also makes the house smell good. The girls help with making this recipe, it won’t be long before they are doing it all by themselves!
Oatmeal is a great family breakfast and with added apples and cinnamon it becomes a fast favorite in our home.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups oats
- 2 apples
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- milk (optional)
- sugar/honey/sweetener (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- While you wait, peel and chop 2 apples.
- Add apples to the water and wait till you have a rolling boil.
- Turn stove to medium/low heat and add oats and the cinnamon.
- Stir every few minutes.
- Cook until desired consistency, (approx 6 minutes depending on the type of oats).
- Put into bowls and add milk and sugar as needed.
There are many different types of oatmeal that you can make. Adding nuts, coconut or raisins are also ways to add a bit of fun to a regular bowl of oatmeal. We also LOVE BAKED OATMEAL – (My husband grew up eating oatmeal with canned milk and lots of brown sugar).
Do you have a favorite way to eat oatmeal?