So I just got home from the most amazing trip. It was a beautiful place were I could experience wonders and find pure relaxation. So you may be asking where this trip was.
No, It was not a spa in Europe or a shopping excursion in New York. It was a fishing trip in Northern Manitoba. Yes a fishing trip. This girl unpacked her rod and tackle and climbed into an aluminum fishing boat with a 15 hp Yamaha steering me towards utter bliss. So by now you might be asking why would a girl travel up to Shining Falls Lodge for a week of fishing?
My top 5 reasons why girls should fish:
5. Relaxation at its finest. Being around nothing but the pure fresh air and nature without human interference is a truly organic experience.
4. Great food! Having a shore lunch from food that you caught is a privilege and has a taste no chief can replicate in any kitchen.
3. Time alone with my man. My husband is not the shopping type and he loves the outdoors. I love my man and being with him and an element that we both enjoy is a great opportunity to be with each other.
2. The thrill of the hunt. My husband is an accomplished hunter and I have now experienced a similar thrill. Check this out…
1. Proving that Girls Rule. Fishing is typically a man dominated sport. But when you are pulling out monster fish and holding them…well…girls rock.
As you can see, girls can do anything. So take the chance and try something new. I tried fishing and I LOVED IT.
Fishing is not just a boy thing.
Remember…. GIRLS CAN FISH TOO!
Check out our other post about Shining Falls Lodge including a breathtaking photo of the actual lodge!
My husband and I got to spend 5 days at Shining Falls Lodge as part of my Hunting and Fishing ambassador role through Travel Manitoba. All opinions are my own.